Biozentrum, Room 01.004
IT-Services; University Library
As part of the Data Stewardship Programme we give an overview of what information security at the University of Basel means and a very brief introduction to some of the core elements of information security and cyber security. After a quick dive into data protection we continue with a demonstration of the tools that are currently recommended to encrypt certain classified data in order for it to be stored or shared. The main topics covered are:
- An overview of information security at the University of Basel
- A brief introduction to information security and cyber security core elements
- What's new in data protection at the University of Basel
- And now? What do we have to do and where do we go if we need help.
- Last but not least current recommendations on where to store data and if required what are the current recommended tools to encrypt data.
It is planned to include some room for discussions where an active participation by the attendants would be very much appreciated.
Trainer: Patrick Weichmann (University of Basel, IT-Services)
Workshop language: English
Export event as iCal